Monday, June 21, 2004

Gestalt Therapy

It's no use. Once a blogger, always a blogger. Even if I went to Bloggers Anonymous I could'nt overcome this addiction. I overcame cigarettes, I overcame biting my nails, I overcame eating too much in one sitting. I haven't quite overcome wine, and I doubt I will overcome blogging. I think about it all the time. Today I was chairing a meeting and what was I thinking? I wonder what Vgrrl is doing?, Where is Kevin? What happened to Osama? Leese has a good blog, I must read her archives. AJ's story was so good. Is Pastor Sam doing alright? Who is the Grave Digger and how eloquently he writes! How am I going to read and post comments when I have only a couple of hours? Should I set my alarm for 4:30 am and start then? Will anyone read my blogg? Will I have time to read all my favs before my husband comes home?
I am taking a course tomorrow and I know I will go into the library at lunch and log on. Wednesday I am going to the theatre to see "Guys and Dolls" I hope I will concentrate and act like I am really there. Thursday I need to take an online course and Friday I need to take care of my business. Mien Gott! When will I have time to blogg! What is this world coming to?
The comments I personally received from "out there" have been very uplifting and sincere. How can one give it up? I can't. Maybe this is what my husband gets from strippers. Well, maybe uplifting but surely not sincerity. Anyway, this gets better and better. What I find phenomenal is how comments become commentary. Everyone starts responding to each others comments and the catalyst is the original blog. The conversations have been quie stimulating. Some day, when I have an evening alone, I will pour myself a glass of my fav red, make up a lovely cheese plate,and sit down to talk to all my friends. Anyone out there want to start a sort of reading club? We all read a book, pour wine, and start discussing. You never know where the conversation will go among friends.

8 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

You gotta blog Maddy...you just gotta!

:)

Here's my take...Just relax and do it. Don't worry about how often you write. Just read when you feel like it and write when you have time. For me, this has been the best stress thearpy I've found in awhile. If your husband finds out, big deal. You've never written anything that he would get upset over, have you?

;)

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger . said...

that is all true but, at the same time, there is always some sense of emptyness, don't you agree? If you are alone, after you finish reading the comments, you are still alone. a lot of times I thought that I should quit blogging. I never did, but sometimes I feel that blogging is a way of postponing life...

p.s.- i am the grave digger.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so with you on this. I am sooooo addicted to blogging. This is all I think about, at work, at home... damn Im dreaming about blogging.....

I havent quit the wine or cigarettes yet. Must have some guilty pleasures.

Luv ya grrrl!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Leese said...

Hey Maddy!
I am just laughing my ass off...I totally hear you...
I am addicted to blogging myself. Once you start you can't stop. It's so therapeutic.
I think blogging is a great workout for your brain, even if you just babble on. I know it is for me. I have two children under 5 and after an afternoon of poopoo and weewee talk, I need to recondition my brain and start talking like an adult again to get ready for the next work day.
Anyhow...just wanted to drop by and say hi...sorry to take up your comments section. :-)
Leese

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Queenie said...

Oh-I want to be part of your book club! If I can make time to read a novel again. I am opting latley to read the wonders to be found in Blogland.
I am glad this is the post I got to read first when I came to your site today. Every word is sooooo true.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

If you like Ze, see my recent post, Ze The Portuguese Grave Digger. Just a bunch of wild guesses.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

I'd deal with the Blogger-brand comments before and they let you put a link here, but don't seem to be able to operate it. I think I better quit trying to make it work. Click on my name and the profile will take you to a list of recent posts, including the one about Ze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home