Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Golf Deficit

I golfed in the Tuesday Ladies Day yesterday. I don't know why I even bother. I think I am genetically golf-deficient. I just can't seem to get the hang of this game. Everyone else seems to improve somewhat over the years, but not me!
A joke I heard - When is golf better than sex?
When you hit a really really goooooood one!
I guess that's why I keep coming back. There is a euphoria I feel when I see this little white thing sail away in the blue sky and lightly land in the spot I intended, and all I want to do for the next few minutes is stand there and look at it. But, of course I can't. I must keep moving forward with the eternal hope that I can accomplish such perfection again.

Anyway, other than the Tuesday Ladies Day, I golf with friends some of who are as golf -deficient as I am. We socialize as we move forward. You will be surprised about what women discuss over the course of 2 hours and 9 holes. What's interesting is that there is such a diverse mix of women and their life experiences and careers, you can't help but learn something new almost every day. And what's even more interesting is that no matter what station each of these women is in life, healthy, unhealthy, wealthy, not wealthy, beautiful, not so beautiful, etc., we are all recipients of life's smacks upside the head! Talking about all these "smacks" on the golf course is like professional therapy. Some of these women are medical doctors, psychologists, and nurses, so in fact, we get professional personal therapy and advise. Maybe sometime I will talk about what we talk about. Yes, we do talk about middle age sex or the lack of it and all related subjects. Verrrrry interesting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home