Saturday, June 19, 2004

Life as Hell

I haven't posted for awhile as I didn't have anything to say without revealing too much. My husband and I went to dinner with very good friends last night. I don't know whether it was the wine, my mood, or what, but all I thought about was getting back to my computer to read my favourite bloggs! And maybe write something. I've got to get a life here! The only person who knows I do this is my sister. I don't know what would transpire if my family found out. Especially my husband. Nothing probably. I tried to view OSAMA's site, today (its 5 am. here) but it has gone. He was a very good blogger. Do you suppose Osama is no more? Hopefully he will reincarnate as himself so we can enjoy his unique sense of humor.
I have had a lot of "family" problems for quite a few years now, and blogging seems to help ease the stress. My son was and continues to be very sick, so I have had to be emotionally and physically strong. This of course affected my daughter who went through a rough time too. However, she is growing up and will be o.k. At least she doesn't hate me anymore. It's true when they say that many marriages disintegrate when a child dies or bad things happen to them. One would think that people cling to each other, but in fact, they don't. They actually fly apart. While I was working hard to bring my son back from the brink of insanity, deal with my daughter's bad behavior etc. my husband took up with strippers in a very big way. Thats what ultimately brought me to TG's Place and I have never looked back. It has been said that God never gives you more than you can handle. I think God is a trickster, he gives you everything you want but just not in the way you want it. I think "He" says "You will have what you want..but along with that, comes this...", and you don't get a chance to say "No thanks, buddy, I've changed my mind". And deal you must. Some people can, and some can't. Life sucks sometimes but as the Grave Digger says, Death is silence forever (paraphrased). So we better make the best of it because that's all there is folks. Enough of this drivel! We are planning a trip to California, where I have never been so I am really happy about that. We are renting a convertible and driving from LA to SF. with stops along the way. I hear the coastal highway scenery is astounding. Assuming we survive driving the long and winding road on the side of a steep mountain, I am looking forward to that trip. It can't be worse than the "Road to Hana" which is also beauteous, but dangerous. See? There are two sides to everything. After seeing Pastor Sam's photo, I want to go to the Grand Canyon too. I hear that it is a very spiritual place. I could use some downhome spiritualism right about now. Good blogging to you all!

6 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey sweetie. I always try to tell myself to turn obstacles into motivation for positive action. I also try to remind myself that everything happens for some reason, even what appears to be bad things. Besides making us stronger, the painful situations serve some purpse.
Hang in there. We love you!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

Thank you Vadergrrrl

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Maddy said...

And I thank you as well, Jake. Maybe this is the kind of "spiritualism" I'm looking for - worldwide love - just like the nuns in Holland. It's really something to know that people "out there" are thinking of you. P.S. My brother's name is Jacob - Jake as he is, was, and will always be called. I'm beginning to take the "6 degrees of separation" philosophy seriously since I started blogging.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Maddy said...

Funny, Sam

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger AJ in Nashville said...

Ditto Vgrrrl's sentiments Maddy! You have always been a big support to me and I want to return the favor in any way I can. *hugs*

You will love driving up the Claifornia coast! We just recently did a similar trip, shuttling between San Diego and Santa Barbara in May. But it's even better further north.

From around San Luis Obispo northward to Monterey and Santa Cruz on Highway 1 is as pretty and spectacular a drive as you can imagine. Just don't try and drive it at night! *yikes*

San Francisco is as cool a place as you'll ever find as well. Refresh and enjoy yourself!

(Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Brice Canyon, and Zion National Park are also must-sees in the desert Southwest U.S. IMO...)

Hang in there Maddy!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

AJ, thanks for your hug. All I can say is WOW! - who are you people? If I'm not careful, I'll start believing most people in the world are really really good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home