Thursday, July 01, 2004

BBQ

My yearly BBQ went well last night. Everyone had a very good time. One of my friends failed to show up. She said she would never miss one of my parties and then she did. I think, they just plain forgot and went up to their cottage right after work. I don't know about some people and their cottages, it's like they just luuuuv their cottage and can't wait to see it again. Anyway they will pay. We are going up there next weekend and I will make them feel ashamed for ditching me for a cottage. She will have to give me 16 strokes on every hole when we have our golf game. That'll teach her to ditch me again.
The garden looked like the Survivor set with candles and torches everywhere and lots of flowers. Beautiful. My son set us up with some good music. Drinks were in tubs of ice and everyone helped themselves. I bbqed a huge ribeye roast and a salmon for those who don't like meat. Is there anyone out there who does'nt like a hunk of delicious BBQed Beef? I thought not.
We had lots of appetizers but no one likes veggies and dip anymore. They were waiting for the beef. I made garlic mashed potatoes and roasted red peppers, great big Portobello mushrooms and eggplant on the BBQ. We had a salad of course and all kinds of other things like pickles etc. They ate everything in sight. Desserts were fruit, cheese, cake, cookies. They ate all that too. No one got drunk and fell into the pool. Last year my husband and my best friend held hands and took a flying leap. Silly fools! I guess they are too old for such childish antics now. Anyway it was a lovely evening. As far as I know everyone made it home safely because the police didn't come and charge us with failing to keep our drunken guests off the road. However, I think that Maddy maybe drank just a little too much. She spilled her red wine all over her white dress and went to bed.

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I swear I can be good at parties! Invite me next time, sounds like a great time, and good food! Congrats on a successful party.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

I'd like to invite you Jamie, you'd be great fun but you'd hit on my husband and I already have enough trouble trying to keep the strippers off his very willing lap! Love to you..

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

I'm hungry reading that - sounds like a great party. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home