Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Quickie

Not that kind, sorry. This is just a quick post before I get to work on the BBQ. My guests will arrive and I will still be sitting here with all of you. It has come to mind that blogging and commenting is the new way like minded people get together. By like minded, I mean those who need to talk, write, recite, paint pictures etc. You know, creative people. Down through the ages artists and writers went to cafe's and bars to meet with friends and chat about all life's issues. Hemmingway went to his bar in Key West, got stinking drunk, fought with everybody and went home and wrote beautiful stories. Van Gogh, sat in a cafe in Arles everyday, drank cheap wine, annoyed everyone around him, went home and painted masterpieces. Many many more would (and still do) eat, talk, laugh, drink, fight, make love and go home and write. Here in Bloggland, some of us are good writers, others not so good, but we all have something to say and we are all listening. We don't all agree but that is as it should be. We could never learn if we agreed on everything. Books wouldn't be written, articles wouldn't be published, poems wouldn't be recited and pictures wouldn't be painted. Either way, blogging is the new way to reach out to others. All I can say is for me, it is emotionally uplifting and that's probably why I am so addicted to this new communication and learning tool. I love blogging, but I need to learn more about this medium. Good blogging and good reading to one and all!

6 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger jakethelad said...

G'day Maddy, from downunder. Hope you enjoyed your barbie (not barbie doll but BBQ). Just another Australianism. Yes, this is a wonderful way to communicate. I often imagine things and lately it's been about our family of bloggers. I see us all arriving at some prearranged place and greeting one another as old friends. We would all be so different but we would have so much to say. We would have so much fun!
I am now logging onto my blog as soon as I have arrived at work just to see what you all have had to say. I just can't start the day now without logging on. Only for about 10 min - that seems to be enough until I get home. Well, you have a good day. Cheers.
Jake

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks for linking to me :)
Interesting blog you have here.
What's been happening with Sally?
Hope the BBQ is a success :)

http://3sth3r.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

Thanks for the link, I'm honored! :) I just found my way here today. My blogging has been limited because my computer at home was infested for awhile...and for some reason they frown on me blogging all day at work. :) I do miss it when I can't check out all the blogs I read - and now I'll have to add more time because I love yours, too.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Texas Seo Expert said...

I like your blog and hope you will like mine.

It is related to holiday inn sunspree and this site will be useful for years to come.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

Come Visit Santa at his blog and tell him what you want for Christmas,

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home