Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Quickie

Not that kind, sorry. This is just a quick post before I get to work on the BBQ. My guests will arrive and I will still be sitting here with all of you. It has come to mind that blogging and commenting is the new way like minded people get together. By like minded, I mean those who need to talk, write, recite, paint pictures etc. You know, creative people. Down through the ages artists and writers went to cafe's and bars to meet with friends and chat about all life's issues. Hemmingway went to his bar in Key West, got stinking drunk, fought with everybody and went home and wrote beautiful stories. Van Gogh, sat in a cafe in Arles everyday, drank cheap wine, annoyed everyone around him, went home and painted masterpieces. Many many more would (and still do) eat, talk, laugh, drink, fight, make love and go home and write. Here in Bloggland, some of us are good writers, others not so good, but we all have something to say and we are all listening. We don't all agree but that is as it should be. We could never learn if we agreed on everything. Books wouldn't be written, articles wouldn't be published, poems wouldn't be recited and pictures wouldn't be painted. Either way, blogging is the new way to reach out to others. All I can say is for me, it is emotionally uplifting and that's probably why I am so addicted to this new communication and learning tool. I love blogging, but I need to learn more about this medium. Good blogging and good reading to one and all!

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks for linking to me :)
Interesting blog you have here.
What's been happening with Sally?
Hope the BBQ is a success :)

http://3sth3r.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger lucidkim said...

Thanks for the link, I'm honored! :) I just found my way here today. My blogging has been limited because my computer at home was infested for awhile...and for some reason they frown on me blogging all day at work. :) I do miss it when I can't check out all the blogs I read - and now I'll have to add more time because I love yours, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home